The Approaches of Islamic and Conventional Microfinancing for Poverty Alleviation and Sustainable Livelihood
- 1 Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI), University Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi-43600, Selangor, Malaysia
- 2 School of Business and Technoprenuership, University Perlis Malaysia, Malaysia
- 3 School of Business, University Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi-43600, Selangor, Malaysia
Poverty is the main illness for sustainable livelihood because it destroyed human basic rights for surviving with minimum opportunities especially political, social stability and economic processes, literature and environment. The aims of this study are to discuss about existing approaches of poverty alleviation and sustainable livelihood. The study found throughout the discussion of the theoretical sources i.e., participatory approaches have determined as a good way of poverty alleviation and sustainable livelihood especially zakat based Islamic mode of financing and Qard-al-Hasan on the basis of spiritual values as an alternative model for poverty alleviation and ensuring sustainable livelihood.
Copyright: © 2012 Abul Bashar Bhuiyan, Chamhuri Siwar, Aminul Islam and Mamunur Rashid. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
- 2,734 Views
- 3,177 Downloads
- 13 Citations
- Microcredit and microfinance
- sustainable livelihood and Qard-Al-Hasan