SOCIO-PSYCOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO ARE PRONE TO ADDICTIONS
- 1 The Institute of Pedagogic and Psychology of Professional Education of Russian Academy of Education, Tatarstan, 420039, Kazan, Isaeva Street, 12, Russia
- 2 Kazan National Research Technical University Named after A.N. Tupolev, Tatarstan, 420111, Almetyevsk, Builders Branch, 9 b, Russia
- 3 Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, Tatarstan, 420008, Kazan, Kremlyovskaya Street, 18, Russia
- 4 Amur State University, Amur Region, 675027, Blagoveschensk, Ignatyevskoe Shosse, 21, Russia
Addictive behavior in the modern world is a disincentive factor for personal-professional development of students. The purpose of this article is to identify the socio-psychological characteristics of college students who are prone to substance abuse. The problem suggested by the authors, is studied on the basis of an integrated approach which is based on an understanding of socialization as a process of social and professional growth, which determines the structure of psychological orientation and actively impacts its holistic subjective inner world, which allows to identify the socio-psychological characteristics of students, influencing the formation of the propensity to addictive behavior. The study made have revealed such personal characteristics of students with varying degrees depending on the propensity for alcoholism and drug addiction, such as anxiety, dependence on public opinion and a high dependence on the attachment figure, difficult self-control, poor tolerance of difficulty, unpredictability in the actions, unstable emotional state. It was found out that students with a high propensity for substance dependence deformed structure of value orientations, reduced motivation to activity. The results of this paper can be used to develop programs of the educational process at universities, which will allow to adjust the work of teachers, psychologists, aimed at preventing the propensity of students for different addictions in order to increase the effectiveness and success of their socialization during training at the university.
Copyright: © 2014 Elena Aleksandrovna Cheverikina, Rezeda Munavirovna Rakhimgarayeva, Victoriya Vladimirovna Sadovaya, Venera Gilmkhanovna Zakirova, Olga Dmitrievna Starodubets and Viktoriya Sergeevna Klemes. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
- 1,973 Views
- 1,760 Downloads
- 3 Citations
- The Propensity for Addictions
- Susceptibility to Substance Addiction
- Personal Determinants of Social Behavior
- Motivation to Work